A kingdom for a shield - Really finishing Numenor heroes

 I finally felt productive in this limbo days between Christmas and New Years day - I have not done anything (except writing on the blog and playing on TTS) hobby-wise since the tournament in October. I wanted to start small and do something that was waiting for me since a very long time - giving my Elendil und Isildur miniatures their shields.

I never play them without shield (and neither should you^^) and had shields laying around since nearly a year. But on tournaments it was never a problem to tell that the models don't have one but play with a shield + I was not motivated to paint the small details.

But now there was no longer the time for excuses and I started to paint them. There was only one question left - where to put the shields on the models?

Isildur was easy - the infantry version fits it perfectly on the back and the cavalry version has a reserved place on the right back side of the horse.

Elendil on the other hand proved to be a bit difficult. The pose of the infantry version made it very hard to find a good spot. A lot of people simply put it on the left arm but this not only looks super unnatural, it also blocks the view on all the details I have put on the armour. The back was also no option due to the prominent cape. 

The cavalry miniature was no better. There was no way I would put the shield on the arm and block the view on the "brightest" part of the model. But the same was true for the only available back part of the horse (the other is covered by the cloak).

Asking the community delivered me with some good suggestions. In the end I have put the shield for the foot version, next to the right leg, on the floor. This way it looks like it is resting the for a moment but is ready to be taken up at any time.

The mounted model now has the shield on the left front part. There are no hidden details, there is enough space and the shield is on the correct side - so Elendil can take it whenever its needed.

In following some images of the results. Maybe I can inspire you to similar solutions ;) And with that, Numenor is really finished now. I promise ;P

By the way, if you like the shields (which defer from the normal Numenor style), you can visit PaschSpiele - they have a lot of awesome MESBG stuff ^^

The Castellan keeps his watch and happy hobbying until the next time =)

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MESBG VS 40k 10. Edition - Meine ersten Erfahrungen

Rise of the Necromancer LL Review

MESBG VS 40k 10th Edition - First Experience